If this is any indication of how this year is going to shape up, it’s going to be one Hello Kitty Hellish 365 days.
Now that we’re back in the US, my wife is dutifully trying to Hello Kittify our new place like in Japan. To keep my sanity, I try to take off each day to an Internet cafe to get work done. One would think that I would be safe now that I am not in the land of the evil feline, but that would be greatly underestimating Hello Kitty’s will to make my life hell.
I now know that I should never, ever check this blog in public. There were some notices in my email that a number of comments needed to be moderated, so I headed over to this blog to approve them. If I had only known what would happen next.
As the blog came up on the screen, the woman next to me must have glanced over to see it.
Woman: “Oh, I love that blog!”
Me: Instantly knowing this wasn’t going to be good when I looked to see a variety of Hello Kitty crap among her possessions. I forced a smile and remained silent hoping against hope that she would leave the conversation at that, ignoring the universal truth that if a person is a Hello Kitty fanatic, there is no shutting them up once the topic turns to Hello Kitty.
Woman: “I didn’t know guys like to look for Hello Kitty stuff too. Are you looking to get something for your wife? I love looking for new stuff there.”
Me: “Well, not exactly…” (thinking: “Seriously, this can’t be happening to me.”)
Woman: “Oh, you should buy your wife Hello Kitty jewelry. She’ll LOVE (repeated 3 times) IT! See, I have this necklace…” and the woman begins to go through and explain about all the Hello Kitty items she owns.
Me: (Thinking: “you have got to be kidding me…”) as I interrupt her, not really thinking what might happen because all I want to do is get this woman to stop talking about Hello Kitty. “Look, I am the guy that writes this blog, and…”
Woman” “OMG! OMG! OMG!”
Me: (Thinking: “oh crap, what have I just done?”)
Woman: Starts excitedly talking a million miles a minute so that nothing is comprehensible except for the final sentence which is, “your wife is my hero.” She then takes something out of her purse, hands it to me and says, “I want your wife to have this.”
Me: (Thinking: “this can’t be happening…) Thanks, but there is no need to do that.”
Woman: “No, I insist. I love your wife.”
Me: (Thinking: “under no circumstances should I ever let this woman and my wife meet if I want to keep my sanity…) “No, really, it’s not necessary…”
Woman: “Your wife will love it! You have to give it to her from me.”
Me: “Seriously, there is no need…”
Woman: Interrupting me mid sentence. “You have to promise to give it to her.”
Woman: “There are no buts about it. It’s settled. You promise to give it to her, right?”
Me: “Seriously, she doesn’t need it. Have you ever read my blog? She has more…”
Woman: interrupts mid sentence again. “Oh, I LOVE (repeated 3 times again) your blog” and then goes into her undecipherable, mile a minute blabber about all the things she likes on the blog.”
Me: (wondering: “what is the worst of these two evils – having to listen to this woman blather for the next half hour about Hello Kitty or taking the thing for my wife and getting out of there asap.”) “Fine, fine,” I said grabbing the Hello Kitty face carabiner key chain and getting the hell out of there as quickly as I possibly could:
So now I have this and there is no possible way I’m going to give it to my wife because if I do, she’ll insist on meeting this woman and that would certainly produce unimaginable ripples in the very fabric of life as we know it. So I will instead give it away.
The contest is simple and should give Hello Kitty fanatics a fun dilemma to try and overcome. Simply leave a comment in this post listing 3 or more reasons why you hate Hello Kitty. Any comment which has anything positive to say about Hello Kitty will be disqualified.
I will have a random number generated for the comments that qualify left below. The person’s comment that matches the number will receive the Hello Kitty face carabiner.
The contest starts now and will end at 11:59 pm eastern (10:59 pm central, 9:59 pm mountain and 8:59 pm pacific) on Tuesday January 12th. Open to anyone living anywhere in the world including my wife (oh, how I would love to see her list three reasons she hates Hello Kitty).
Update: There were 181 entries in this contest and the random number came out 20 – contragatualtions to Yasmin for being the winner:
191 thoughts on “Hello Kitty Face Carabiner Giveaway”
1. she drank all my beer
2. she eats babies.
3. she smells like moldy oranges.
1) Because I could never earn enough money to buy everything I want associated with HK. 2) because she reminds me of a happier time and every time I see her face I am transported to being a small child talking to cats hoping they could understand me. 3) because her cuteness only shows up the despair and ugliness of an imperfect world. I thankyou.
I hate hello kitty because her coloring book style face is so simply irritating that I can’t look away.
1. too cute
2. no mouth
3. it’s a cat
No sorry haha! I cannot say bad things about Hello Kitty.
I just wanted to say, I totally would have ran away if a woman would talk to me like that, *hugs* I hope you didn’t got a trauma!
1. She makes all that money and still lives with her parents
2. She is a camera who and always has to out shine the other sanrio charcters
3. Her head is bigger then her body
1) SHE’S EVERYWHERE. God, you can’t escape her! It’s like a nightmare..
2) She’s completely overrated and not even one bit cute.
3) She has no freaking mouth yet she can creepily talk in games and movies and she can attend picnics. HOW DOES EAT? …. How can I make her scream?
Why I hate the evil feline
1. I had just painted the daughter’s room something besides “barbie” pink and now I have to look at that same color all over again.
2. She’s defaced the jeep with all kinds of kitty paraphernalia. Jeeps shouldn’t have to be subjected to that.
3. Kitty isn’t as sweet as she seems
I just caught this blog a couple of days ago from Twitter…I love this place.
Okay, here we go:
1)The thing is PINK. My mother traumatized me with pink from the time I was a infant until High School. I don’t willingly wear it now.
2) I came in close contact with one of those giant sized ones…you know, the kind that are plush and walk around promoting stuff? I still have the emotional scars and hate those things now just on general principle.
3)I went into the Sanrio store once to pick up HK stuff for a godchild, and I ran into this little girl who screeched herself stupid begging for one while tearing up the store. Her butt barely missed being punted by my size 9.
1. It lacks a mouth, HOW THE HELL DOES IT SUCK HUMAN BLOOD
2. Associated with too many pop icons.
3. Hello Kitty Vibrator…that thing is horrible.
1. Jealous of my girlfriend’s love and attention.
2. Jealous of the attention all girls shower the evil feline.
3. Expensive habit… coke might be less…
Oh man! Here goes…
3 Reasons I Hate Hello Kitty-
1) All my extra money goes to Hello Kitty purchases
2) The purchasing of Hello Kitty house ware makes my boyfriend give me stink eye and yell. Like the time he went to take and shower and yelled, “What the hell is this?!?” at the sight of the new Hello Kitty shower curtain I hung up in our bathroom.
3) Because my desk is completely decked out in Hello Kitty paraphernalia (that I can’t bring myself to take down), my boss doesn’t really take me seriously.
(sigh) I’m emotionally drained now!
Okay, so HK fan here…I’ll take a stab.
1. She has no mouth. Women (cats) are meant to be seen/displayed rather than actually listened to.
2. She’s giving me the finger in the picture on the packaging of the carabiner.
3. The blatant commercialization that has ensued. You can find just about anything that has hello kitty on it (as we all know from reading this site)
cat pee smells
money making whore
1. Cats are evil
2. What the heck does “Hello Kitty” mean anyway?
3. the grammar impairment that comes with most things HK
I think I can hear the sound of HK fan’s heads exploding all over the world!
1. cats are nasty
2. her ability to keep a bow on her left ear perfectly creeps me out
3. is a cat that owns a cat
1. I don’t have all the money in the world to afford all her stuff
2. She occupies a lot of space in my house
3. America doesn’t have a hello kitty adventure park like Japan does.
1. I hate her cause she doesn’t have a mouth.
2. she was born in 76 and hasn’t aged one bit! I think her 9 lives are over.
3. who measures their height and weight in apples?
1 – She ain’t got no booty
2 – Whenever I see HK I think of Hong Kong and get disappointed when it’s NOT
3 – How old is she? 35? Mad old in cat years.
1. If she’s this icky, think of what her catbox is like.
2. She has way more money and advantages than I ever will, even though I am infinitely more fabulous.
3. She’s just plain creepy.
1. I hate cats.
2. She’s too cute to eat and that pisses me off when I’m hungry and have Hello Kitty food around that I can’t eat.
3. I broke my leg in a Sanrio store two years ago. To add insult to injury, I’m in a wheelchair. I have photos to prove it.
I hate Hello Kitty because-
1- HK supports the deforestation of plastic trees.
2-Dingos didn’t steal my baby……HK did!!!
3-HK “bought” a 4 star saftey rating, unsafe toys at any speed!!
4-HK doesn’t pay her bar tab!!
5-HK poured out my shampoo and replaced it with NAIR.
6-HK supports puppy mills.
7-HK hides her penis well.
8-HK connects kids with prison pen-pals.
9-HK is the poster child for illegal imagration.
10-HK assasinated JFK.
1. She has no mouth, and I think that’s a little weird.
2. She costs WAY too much. If I think about how much money I have spent on her, it makes me a little sick.
3. She makes me the envy of toddlers, which is kind of embarrassing.
1. She’s not O’Totoro.
2. She’s not Chu Totoro
3. She’s not Chibi totoro
1) it is creepy
2) it is has a disproportionately large head (creepy!)
3) friends of mine are obsessed with all things HK and it is taking over their lives
1. Way to pink, (like blindingly so)
2. Gives cats a bad name, they don’t prance around with bows. They kill things smaller than them for fun!
3. Hello Kitty reminds me of those stress things that when you squeeze them their eyes pop out.
1. She’s a pussy
2. She has a big ass freaking head
3. She has no mouth!!! WTF is that about? Oh I forgot she “speaks with her heart. ” vomit!!!
1. She doesn’t even look like a cat.
2. She OWNS a pet cat. Wtf?
3. She’s an old hag.
She makes me buy her items over paying my bills….
She’s put me in debt
My wife spends more time admiring hello kitty than me!!
She spends money secretly…than all of the sudden she will have something hello kittish!! I hate that cat.
Just the near mention of that stinking cats name….HELLO KITTY….gets my wife to put out this high pitch “OMG…I just got have that”. Someone shoot me!!
1. She just looks so smug!
2. She was supposed to return one of my library books after I read it, but didn’t, and now I have a bunch of fines.
3. She slept with my boyfriend.
I hate Hello Kitty! Why?
1 – Hair everywhere! She shed here she shed there!
That why she wear clothes – she hope no one notice
2 – Baaaad breath – I know she have no mouth, but
her breath so bad it not matter!
3 – She made Conan cry once. *sniff* I hate cry!
There are so many, many reasons to hate Hello Kitty, but the 3 main ones are:
1. There is way too much pink associated with HK, making both the mark of the devil.
2. Cats aren’t supposed to be portrayed as sickly sweet.
3. As a child of the 70’s and early 80’s, I got way too much HK stuff shoved at me by friends of my parents who were stationed in Okinawa/Japan, and I have never, ever, ever been a pink, girly girl.
Um, you’re hilarious. Although I’m a fan of HK stuff…I don’t own lots of stuff. Thank you for the give-away great idea…and stop trying to pretend like you hate HK. Tehe. =-)
I hate Hello Kitty cause:
She has her face printed in EVERYTHING you can get your eyes in, and you know better than us, Mr. HKH, it can make someone crazy in madness.
Most girls (and some guys… hm… ) loves HK ‘-‘ So it’s not dificult get in a talk about it… run away from that people.
And finally, hating it can make me write a ENTIRE blog about it, saying how much I hate it… like you, Mr. HKH 8D
HATE YOU HELLO KITTY!
So much that I just wanna win this contest just to put fire on this Hello Kitty face carabiner key chain with my own hands! u.u
She makes way too much money.
She makes everything way too cute so it’s almost impossible to escape buying stuff (I was going to say kawai but then I would have to kill myself)
She is the leader of the world’s largest cult
She never gets her hair done.
Whenever you see her out & about she’s always trying to take your $$$.
She’s 35 and has no age lines!
There’s no way to explain why she provokes so much hate in me.
Even if I promise not to hate anyone-anything for the next 10 years, I must say that this hate-feeling for hello kitty is so inconscious and so deeply developing in my heart to my brain and vice-versa, that I really can’t avoid hating as I promised.
But if I may choose, I’d say:
1. i hate the stupid reaction of babies and ladies when they see something soooo incredibly hellokittysweetie stuff in a shop. They are so full of joy that they don’t realize how sad they look.
2. all my collagues have a sticker of hello kitty on their badge. Can’t be a worse wake-up in office when i come in and a friend of mine shows her badge with that sweet sticker on it to open the door. Can’t work anymore.
3. Hello kitty lovers listen to hello kitty music. Deep house, minimal and all this anti-music stuff. We must stop it and listen to no kitty music.
Definitely, hate u Hello Kitty.
And I broke my 2010 promise. and happy for that.
Thank you mister for your blog,
1. HK is evil, and evil sucks.
2. HK is pointless, and pointless crap sucks.
3. HK merchendise waste natural resourses, and that is bad and also, it sucks.
1. she stole the thunder from keroppi
2. i get tired of people asking why i dont have a tattoo of hello kitty when i have sanrio items and a billion tattoos
3. i get confused for a gay boy because she is on my back pack and i have super short hair and kinda do look like a boy i suppose
I so hate hello kitty because:
c) she’s expensive
a) she’s a big joke
t) she’s so demanding. what a pussy!
I hate Hello Kitty because:
1. THE STUFF IS TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE! Seriously, you expect me to pay $3 for a highlighter that I could buy for $.50 at the store JUST because it has her face on it? I guess they do because I have 🙁
2. She over shadows all the other cute mascots in Japan. Gloomy Bear, San-X, Crux are all WAYYYYYYYYYY cuter than Hello Kitty, yet she’s the one that gets all the attention.
3. Two words: Paris Hilton. She’s a fan of this freaking cat and I really hate Paris. This makes me hate Hello Kitty even more.
So, WHY do I have all this Hello Kitty stuff? Well, Hello Kitty is evil, but she’s still cute and I love cute.
1) She teamed up with MAC. *gouges out eyes*
2) She teamed up with Tokidoki. *vomits*
3) The fact that the terribly designed jewelry reaches into the high hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars, when the money could be used towards, I don’t know, cancer research or helping out under-privileged children.
1) shes too commercialized and all of her products have gone way to far
2) she is not in anyway possible, cute.
3) She is satanic.
Reason one because HK knows where Jimmy Hoffa is and isnt telling.
Reason two because HK voted for Obama.
Reason three because HK beat up Chuck Norris.
3.The “shoulder massager”
BONUS!!!She corrupts the beauty that is guitars with that disgusting face. but at least she only puts her face on fenders. If I saw a hello kitty Les Paul, that horrible cat would cease to exist right there.
I.. She… There are… Awww.. forget it! Your trinket of a treat is not worth the anguish created when trying to self discredit my allegiance to the one and only true queen of cute.
You have failed, your highness. I’ll never turn to the Dark Side… =^_^=
1) no mouth
1. Her head is about the size of the rest of her body.
2. She pushes some pretty crappy products.
3. For some people, that’s all they associate with Japan. Centuries of rich history… and they only think about a cat.
1. Played out. So played out that the concept has doubled back on itself to where you may soon see a Hello Kitty stuffed animal wearing a Hello Kitty t-shirt. Nevermind, That has probably been done already.
2. Paris Hilton likes it, therefore it is crap.
3. It inspires the following type of gibberish:
CUTE OMG IT IS SO CUTE OMG WHERE DID YOU GET THAT OMG LOLZ I MUST HAVES ONE.
I want to win on principle. I don’t need the trinket. I imagine it is one of those non-functional carabiners not intended for climbing. If I win, I promise to give it to someone who might actually attempt to use it for climbing purposes.
Goodbye Kitty. Hello ground.
1. It is EVERYWHERE.
2. It is vapid.
3. It reduces adults to gibbering idiots like the one in this entry.
I hate hk because she’s usually giving the finger to everyone, she’s creepy, she’s a cat but wears cat costumes and has a pet cat, her image is on everything but the cutest stuff is only available in asia.
1] Whores out the licencing options like handing out tissues at a porno theatre
2] No Hello Kitty video game ever made was awesome.
3] Has never made a real sex toy [I’m waiting!]
I hate Hello Kitty because:
1. The London she allegedly was born in and lives in (according to the official San Rio biography) bears no relationship whatsoever to the London that I’ve spent the last ten years living in. I must have missed the episode where Hello Kitty gets assaulted by drunk city traders on the Tube.
2. My (Taiwanese) wife likes Hello Kitty and has forced it upon my life to the point where I’ve just given in and let it wash over me. It feels a bit like drowning…
3. I have a Hello Kitty toilet. No, really. Imagine that. Imagine having Hello Kitty grinning up at you every time you go to the bathroom. Yeah, me too.
1. She has no mouth
2. She makes more money than me
3. She is too expensive! (probably why she makes more money than me)
Hello Kitty is Chuck Norris’s weakness!!
lol just to funny.
1. she’s richer than me
2. too expensive for my blood
3. give me nightmares
1. she never ages! the damn cat is like 50!!
2. what is with the no mouth thing? if i didn’t know better i would think it’s under her chin hiding
3. why does a cat feel the need to dress as another animal? am i to think that she is wearing her recent kill? she is really demonic or just a little off….
1. Reinforces gender stereotypes
2. Abused by adults with poor taste to achieve “schoolgirl” look
3. Insides are full of blobs with faces rather than organs
1. She’s evil
2. She’s racist
3. She’s out to get me
1. Big Headed Freak
2. One Cat that won’t get any Tail
3. Anime reject from throw away pile
1. she is to damn nice
2.she is to in love with pink (Whats the deal with that?)
3.she is so old she should be old news
1. Because HK made HKHellGuy’s wife crazy.
2. And because she inspired incredibly goddamned disturbing tattoos.
3. Especially the ones that mix her with Cthulhu or Darth Vader or zombies.
I can’t wait for the fan that gave you this thing to see this page. I’m surprised she hasn’t posted to yell at you yet.
1. It has no mouth. Things with no mouth are creepy.
2. It just stands there and never does anything. How on earth can that be fascinating?
3. The woman I used to work with who decorated her entire cubicle in HK pinkness now goes on Facebook and posts the words to bad motivational posters as her status messages. I guess if HK could talk, that is what it would say.
3 reasons I hate hello kitty:
1. Hello is not a first name for a kitty.
2. She’s too old to wear that bow.
3. She stares at me in the shower.
1. HK has no mouth, therefore cannot exist;
2. HK’s eyes are expressionless black holes;
3. Ugh, the pink-ness. Need I say more?
1. Hello Kitty is a pimp.
2. Hello Kitty just isn’t cute.
3. Hello Kitty Tampons, nuff said.
1. The evil feline has no mouth which means
2. she cannot eat (one of my favorite necessities) which means
3. the evil little minx cannot get fat. it’s not that she isn’t fat that makes me hate her, it’s the fact that she can’t even flirt with the idea of getting fat. so not fair.
1. HK rips each and every one of us off. AND still gets a way with it. (overpriced items..)
2. I hate that new cat they introduced as her “pet” Charmy Kitty. It is creepy, because it has the exact same face as HK!!
3. She took all the (possible) fame her twin sister Hello Mini would of has. Kitty is the perfect little kitty because she has a red bow and is always correct, while Mimi has a yellow bow and she is always the one who screws up. (Is she suggesting sibling rivalry?)
1) she has everything
2) she can be everywhere at once
3) she doesn’t age
I dislike her lots because (wow this is hard)
1: she’s more Japanesey than me.
2: she’s my age, but still hasnt seemed to age at all.
3: I hate that I loved her since I was a little girl and now everyone jumps on the bandwagon, which makes me feel like shes greedy because everything is so expensive.
.She has no mouth, that doesn’t seem right.
.She is too damn friendly, she has to dislike someone.
.She is too girly girl, get muddy once in a while!
1.) she is everywhere 2.) everything hello kitty is so expensive 3.) she has no mouth
1. because some people live to be outraged
2. Why worry about more serious issues when one can hate Hello Kitty.
3. Can’t keep one’s nose out what others are doing with their money and lives. (see 1.)
1) Thanks to you, I see her flipping me off on that package
2) in 5th grade, the most obnoxious girl in school was a HK nut and there was no Sanrio store around, so she was the only one who had any of this stuff. I’m talkin to you, Angela!
3) If there was anybody who ever did not need a cartoon show, it’s Hello Kitty.
1. Hello Kitty products have grossed over 100 billion dollars through merchandising, (and drug trafficking).
2. There is literally a HK version of everything. Toilet paper, condom holders, guns.. EVERYTHING.
3.Hello Kitty feeds on souls.
1. they invade everything and anything just to make people buy them
2. they already invaded Universal Studios, which supposed to be cool
3. they made guys spend for them just to please their girl
– Is trying to take over the world, one cute item at the time.
– Has no mouth, and I don’t buy the “speaks from the heart” explanation. I doubt she has a heart.
– That head bow attached to her ear. I don’t get how it keeps attached there. Is it pierced or something?
1. She has no mouth
2. Is there nothing sacred from the Hello Kitty treatment?
3. Men done up in Hello Kitty garments is plain scary.
Why I hate Hello Kitty.
1) The whole house is filled with the evil blood suckin money leeching mouthless pu$$y!!
2) My wife kidnapped my pillows so I am forced to hug one every night!!
3) Ultraman is way cooler 🙂
1. She costs me a fortune in merchandise
2. She’s causes me arguements with my husband
3. She seems to never get old (grr)
– She sucks up my monthly salary without batting an eyelash (does she even have any?!).
– She is so sickeningly cute that she gives me heartburn every time I look at her mouthless face.
– She has no mouth. Need I say more?
Her blank stare is creepy.
She has no personality, so personality is applied to her in the form of costumes and hats, which is also creepy.
If she tried to walk, her giant head would topple her to the ground.
1. She’s dumb
2. She’s dumb and uh….oh,
3. Sh’es dumb
this is hard, but i want that carabiner…
1. i hate the merchandise that has hk with apples, why apples? it’s ugly.
2. i hate how you can buy cheap crap with hk on it from japan, but to get anything nice (loungefly, tokidoki, etc) you have to pay big $.
3. i hate that she’s japanese
1. Hello Kitty is the inane, anonymous, mouthless face of corporate greed.
2. The vast number of Hello Kitty products help economic and mental depression, and harm the environment with their packaging and disposal.
3. Hello Kitty is in cahoots with shady backroom organisations, such as the NSDAP.
1. She has no mouth, but can talk. Wait-does that mean I am hearing her voice telepathically? She’s in my mind?!?!
2. She’s telepathic.
3. She’s NOT cute, but everyone thinks she is. I don’t get it. She’s an ugly character, so I don’t know why she is so popular and used for marketing all the time.
Honestly, this is THE BEST blog post ever on this blog!
1. She’s the love child of Ann Coulter and Dick Cheney
2. She takes all but the last ice cube out of the ice cube tray and doesn’t refill it.
3. I’m positive she was personally responsible for that “New Coke” fiasco in 1985.
Why I hate hello kitty
1. Hello Kitty is an addiction, much like drugs or alcohol.
2. My poor husband has to put up with a hello kitty toaster
3. My poor dog has to put up with Hello Kitty Dresses
1. She’s a terrible role model. Convincing kids that makeup, Lady Gaga, and guns are all OK, as long as they’re Pepto-Bismol pink and dolled up to the max. Furthermore, she has risen to popularity without a mouth, telling girls everywhere that they shouldn’t eat or speak if they want to be loved.
2. Like another small, white, unreasonably large-headed furball, she is trying, night after night, to take over the world.
3. She uses the bow on her head to telepathically transmit thoughts into the heads of her brainwashed followers, convincing them to buy Hello Kitty crap unto their own financial ruination. When the world economy finally collapses due to the surplus of Hello Kitty items, she will rise from the depths of the seventh circle of Hell from whence she came and jump-start the Apocalypse.
1) Because far too many people are obsessed.
2) Because she makes grown women dress like 12 year olds.
3) Because I want to win this key chain and probably won’t…sigh…
1. because she’s EVERYWHERE. you can’t escape her.
2. because she has no mouth but still likes picnics.
3. because she weighs three apples, and isn’t it every girl’s dream to weigh so little? (okay, maybe not THAT little, but still)
1. I’ve seen her out with dictators
2. She mocks me in the presence of others
3. She’s the most saught after, highest paid escort in all of Japan.
1. She’s 35 and still living with her parents.
2. I hate cats. HATE THEM. Especially ones that are flipping you off.
3. She has defaced almost every product ever made. Will the crass commercialism never end?!?!?
1. Because every time I turn around there is some new crap that I don’t need but inexplicably want.
2. Because 90% is pepto pink, How flattering is that on ANYONE??
3. I think she doesn’t have a mouth because she uses evil mind control powers to subdue her subjects. Her eyes are so beady and hypnotic…that just isn’t right.
1. Because I SOLD the crap for over 5 years in a Sanrio Store
2, SHe sucked my soul out from me and kept it hidden behind her evil
‘no grin’ grin
3. She is unrelenting in hunting me down to finish me off…
Congrats on being back in the US and out of the land of the evil feline!!! Cause for celebration!!
1. Her crap is too freaking expensive. This makes no sense. NONE. I REFUSE TO PAY SIXTY DOLLARS FOR A PLUSH TOY.
2. Sometimes, Hello Kitty is so saccharine, I can feel my womb rotting slowly.
3. Getting a $6 Hello Kitty pen that was cheaply made then overpriced sucks & shows you that your parents forgot your birthday & just bought the first piece of pink Hello Kitty shit they saw when they realized you realized they forgot.
Why I hate Hello Kitty
1.) I hate the evil feline because adults go crazy over this crap, and it’s meant for KIDS!
2.) The fact that they MARKET to adults. I mean come on….. HK feminine products, HK Vibrator, appliances, guns….. Has Sanrio no shame?
3.) I mean, it’s Hello Kitty, need I say more?
1. That must be THE ugliest cat I’ve seen. And people pay top dollar for that crap!
2. I don’t know how the connection happens in my mind, but each time the term I hear “Hello Kitty” , my brain thinks its associated of Japanese porno lol
3. She reminds me of spoiled little rich girls every time I see an image of Hello Kitty.
I’m a Hello Kitty Fan, but I’ll take a shot at some reasons why I could possibly hate her.
1. How in the hell is this cat making mad bank off of her own collection of Zales Jewelry? (Oh, that’s right I asked my husband for the Hello Kitty graduation necklace)
2. I’m 23 and find myself jealous of the children items with Hello Kitty that don’t fit me…that pussy needs to learn that grown women like her as well.
3. She taunts me every time I got to Target or anywhere else for that matter and will be the cause of my divorce if I keep up these spending habits and making my husband wear a Hello Kitty Snuggie…..
1. She is only the first representative of her race, presenting through an inter-dimensional rift in space and time, hell bent on taking over our universe through the zombies her mind-control rays induce into aiding the campaign by spreading her filth far and wide.
2. The food items that are created in her likeness actually eat the person who ingested them from the inside out, refilling the hollow, human shaped item left behind with a soft, gelatinous pink goo that is actually a hive mind, controlled by the pseudo-sapient ribbon worn as an accessory.
3. I really despise pink.
Let me rephrase: #3. I really despise pink because it is the true color of evil. The Goat with a Thousand Young has pink fur. The Deep Ones are actually Pepto Bismol Pink. Lucifer wears a pink tutu in private. The number of the Beast may be 666 but his favorite color is pink. The evil feline turns all that she touches pink.
Wait, this is a contradiction. If someone hates HK then they’re not going to want to win a HK carabiner, are they? Hmm, well I suppose if I won it I could dispose of it and rid the world of one more piece of HK crap.
(1) She’s bl***dy everywhere.
(2) She’s responsible for the creation of HK fanatics.
(3) The constant production of HK crap is damaging to the environment. It is waste by definition, before anyone even buys it.
1. People like Lady Gaga and Lindsey Lohan like her.
2. Sanrio makes Hello Kitty items that cost more than my car. That’s just wrong.
3. It’s impossible to walk 10 feet without seeing Hello Kitty somewhere.
1. She’s superhypocritical, by having a line of handgrenades and guns while she insists that she is ‘spreading love and joy’
2. She will be known to alien invaders as our much beloved goddess
3. She has now invaded the faroe islands with kids’ furniture, buggies and other such things. And my cousin loves it. D:
1. She’s a major diva in the world. All her richness, all the different things they made her in & popularity sickens me.
2. She NEVER SMILES! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH HER. Mocking people with her expressionless face. Shunning us away, so we don’t know her true emotions. A POKER FACE.
3. She took over every darn thing in the world! I swear, there is NOTHING she is NOT ON. SELL OUT. TOO much. ):<
1.- because her stuff is overpriced
2.- hello kitty can become a serious adiction
3.- she has more control of the minds of a lot people making them idiots
1. Her head is wayyy too big.
2. Her crap cost more than it shoud.
3. She is as bad as crack to a crack addict!
My sister likes her, she has no mouth, and some of her stuff is just really weird!
1. she’s 3 apples tall, what kind of measurement system is that esp. for some cat that doesn’t have a mouth and would never have any reason to come into contact with a apple and esp. not 3 apples. And exactly how big a these apples.
2. she makes a terrible HappyMeal toy.
3 Only Mickey Mouse should have his own theme park.
I hate Hello Kitty because
1. I have to use a hello kitty hair dryer to dry my hair
2. She’s Pepto-Bismol Pink
3. My 30 yo daughter wants a Hello Kitty wedding dress and they start at $5,000 and go up!
PS – She’s getting married this year…
She has unfortunately sold out. She has gotten old. She crossed the line on cute.
I hate Hello Kitty because:
1. The market is saturated with this crap.
2. It’s all obnoxiously expensive.
3. Hello Kitty is stupid-lookikng.
I hate Hello Kitty because:
1. My wife loves Hello Kitty and makes me buy her a bunch of Hello Kitty products
2. Hello Kitty items cost so much
3. Hello Kitty is not even cute and don’t understand the obsession with her.
I don’t know whether to be happy that I met you or mad that you are making people say why they hate Hello Kitty and not giving the keychain to your wife like you promised. It was soooo cool meeting you and I’m sorry if I talked a mile a minute. I was just sooooo excited and it was soooo unexpected. I’m not really that bad. I just really like Hello Kitty and I know you secretly do too.
Your wife is going to be mad when she finds out cause that is the cutest keychain ever. But your blog makes me laugh all the time so even though you are being mean about making people tell you why they hate Hello Kitty, I’m still not mad at you.
I told all my friends that I met you and they are all sooooo jealous. They wanted to meet you too, so we went back to the same coffee shop and hoped that you would be there, but you weren’t.
Thank you for making my day. You were soooo nice. You shouldn’t lie about how much you didn’t want to listen about all my Hello Kitty stuff. You sat and listened for over an hour and smiled the whole time. It was so great talking with you. I understand why your wife loves you even though you don’t like Hello Kitty.
I’m going to put something special in my purse so that if we meet again, I can give you something that you will have to give to your wife!
1. No mouth. Seriously weird, especially in the cartoons where she talks.
2. She’s been around for 30 years and hasn’t aged. Like Dracula.
3. When I was little it was hard to find HK stuff and now it’s seriously EVERYWHERE. Vibrators, even. Hmmph.
1. she weighs about 3 apples, who measure weight in apple?
2. everything hello kitty is expensive
3. she’s 35 and has not aged a bit
I hate her because:
1. her products are so expensive and most of them are poorly manufactured
2.I hate being addicted to her products like, seriously i know ill never use a hello kitty bento box or beanie but like… i must have them!
3.She’s driving my boyfriend insane :]
1. She gets on my last nerve.
2. She smells of cat food.
3. She prances around like a Peacock.
1. Because everyone likes hello kitty
2. It’s for little kids, grow up you’re 30
3. her stuff costs too much
1. She’s an agent for Satan seeking to corrupt innocent minds with sugary cuteness
2. Women are expected to love her and are treated like they are insane if they profess a lack of love for Hello Kitty
3. She represents all that is wrong with capitalist society
1. she is so damn pink.
2 bows are so 80’s.
3 lolitta porn star wanabes, dress like her for parties.
Three things to hate about Hello Kitty:
1- Hello Kitty has caused countless, sensible, and for the most part, normal adult women to completely lose all of their common sense at the mere sight of her. Money has been foolishly spent, relationships suffer (and fail), and time wasted all for the “love” of Hello Kitty.
2- There are fans so desparate to own something with Hello Kitty’s face they are willing to fork over their good, hard earned money for “bootleg” merchandise. Anyone who has come across any fake Hello Kitty stuff knows that it is some of the grossest stuff ever mass produced! And let’s not go into those homemade art projects people who think they are creative make!!!
3- Sanrio just doesn’t know when to stop. There is no, and I mean no good reason why anyone should EVER own a Hello Kitty “personal massager” or Hello Kitty tampons. Never ever, ever, ever…
1. i’m too old for hello kitty stuff.
2. i could end up having the same item as my gr. 4 students.
3. too pink!
1. She has taken over EVERYTHING
2. All the little kiddies who try to be cool purchase her items
3. She has DESIGNER items! WTF!?
1) Holy crap
2) Hell no
3) OMG WTF?!
Gods, is that… is that metal? Do we have a kiln where we could melt it away?
1. She has no mouth – that is just wrong
2. She is a cat, but has a pet cat? WTF??
3. She needs to grow up, get a job and move out of her parent’s house
1 She has so many ridiculous products, it seems anything will go.
2 Living in Japan at the moment and i can’t seem to escape her, she’s every where, so are bows on everything and i blame her influence.
3 She’s not a good role model
2. No mouth
3. I am allergic to cats
1) she stole my baby
2) she shat on my baby
3) she ate my baby
1) She has fur but no mouth to clean herself with/choke to death on hair balls.
2) Her fetish for pink even nauseates Barbie.
3) Her insane devotees act as if no one could loathe that smarmy ball of commercial whoredom. It’s like people who believes every homophobe is really gay and in denial.
DEATH TO THE MOUTHLESS OPPRESSIVE FELINE!
1. The ‘extra’ Hello Kitty desk that’s been taking space in my garage, away from manly things like hockey gear and power tools. My wife swears that one day, our second daughter will need her own HK desk, even though our eldest daughter doesn’t use her HK desk.
2. Half my daughters’ wardrobe is Hello Kitty, but their school doesn’t allow character-based clothing, so half their wardrobe is wasted on weekend only clothes.
3. My wife’s aunt works for Sanrio, so I can never escape Hello Kitty.
Don’t count this in the contest: I don’t want the carabiner. I just want to see what I can come up with.
1. Pink. ‘Nuff said.
2. Uses up the earth’s resources. Really, couldn’t all that plastic be used for something that betters people? Artificial organs or something along those lines?
3. If you have made a blog about how much she’s ingrained herself in your life, that speaks VOLUMES to why anyone should hate her. Or fear her. Either one will do.
1. She turns 50 yr old women into 13 yr olds
2. Mariah Carey is her bff
3. Buying her things rapes bank accounts
First of all, Hello Kitty is just an evil idea used to corrupt the minds of young children and women, and all it does is force those fanatics to waste money on useless products that need to be burned, and last but not least, nothing is adorable about pepto bismol.
1. Boyfriend thinks that nude pic you have posted is hot.
2. Everyone has her. Whore!!!
3.my sister has her tattoed on her back… She thinks it’s cute , I say cum target
1: She raped me before I could rape her
2: She turned me gay for everything with her face on it
3: Still has me questioning “her” gender.
1.. Her stupid bow.. with my O.C.D. I want either I bow on the other side of a bow in the middle… Ever time i see anything hello kitty i gotta draw another bow on it.. tear the bow off.. of just hide it from myself..
2.. The cartoons.. holy hell my sister rented them one time… it was a free rental.. and i know why now. IT WAS SIMPLY RETARDED… I thot spongebob was bad jeezus…
3.. and last but not least she just scares the living shit outta me :-/
1) Every time I go to my friend’s house, Hello Kitties stare evilly at me. And there are about 1000 of them.
2) Hello Kitty inspires the $20 bag sale. I was forced to go and ended up injured by a maniacal Hello Kitty fan.
3) It’s SCARY. Must I say more?
1. She smells like rotten eggs.
2. She makes my eyes itch.
3. She raped my dog.
1) She looks like she is giving you the bird 24/7
2) She is a cat, I am way more into dogs
3) Hello Kitty’s name is stupid. Hello Kitty? Come on, be creative.
1. Hello Kitty should be banned forever because countless women and some men have spent too much money on her products and I bet all of that money could go to reasonable causes.
2. She has become such an icon that many deface their own bodies with her wretched figure and then to desecrate christ with her as christ is bull shit.
3. All of her stupid products that have been made and some that were just wtf, like a vibrator or a gun, with her cute little kid image, and people actually buy these things.
That woman is like the idiots who don’t understand why people who are allergic to tomatoes can eat ketchup. “DUR THEY’RE BOTH THE EXACT SAME THING DUR” no they’re not. “DUR I LOVE YOUR BLOG DUR” no, obviously, you don’t even bother to read the thing.
OKAY! my three reasons:
1) it turns cute fanatics into feed for the Sanrio money shredder.
2) nothing about it is pure cute. All of it is tainted with crass commercialism.
3) //www.kittyhell.com/2010/01/04/hello-kitty-1974-finger-costume/ WHAT?!
1. I’m embarrassed that I like her and try to keep it a secret
2. I’m allergic to cats
3. I want to be taken seriously
1. Sanrio’s marketing strategy fuels excessive consumerism in a society already fraught with debt and materialism. In future times, I have little doubt that HK will be a symbol of the worst excesses of capitalism.
2. Products bearing her likeness are marketed to grown women, promoting the idea that feminine sexuality ought to be childlike, ie, naive and helpless, and thereby contributing to the virgin-whore dichotomy and undermining feminism.
3. She scares the crap out of me. There is no way that Satan is not involved in her insane popularity.
1. just because
2. she’s flat and that’s not sexy at all
3. her lack of facial expression
1. someone gives you one thing so you obligingly carry it around with you for a few days and WHAM! you are a hk lover and now everyone gets you hk crap you don’t need
2. everyone thinks that if you like anything from japan(which I happen to be an anime fan) OH! You must LOVE HK…no I musn’t.
3. why does anyone under the age of 16 need a coffee maker from hk?!? They do not need the extra caffeine. It will just make the squee louder and longer. BOO
1. She thinks her face can be on EVERYTHING
2. I hate the color pink
3. Measuring yourself in apples is lame.
1. she has no mouth
2. she has a dumb name
3. she has no purpose
i don’t like cats, they are evil.
she is not cute
i vomit everytime i see kitty
OMG what a nightmare!! Wonder which mental institution she had ran away from..
I promised myself I wouldnt try to win anything with Hello Kitty. But mi baby sisters birthday is coming up, naturally she loves the feline and drives me insane with her. So why not..
Three things I hate baout her:
1. She’s bloody everywhere!
2. Every poor kid over here has something with ehr on, and I have to see that every day at work..
3. She’s trying to get face/paws on my fav designers bags. Which I didnt know until you brought that to my attention..thanks =)
Good luck with keeping those two apart
1.- Talking anthropomorphic animals freak me out.
2.- It looks like it’s giving me the finger.
3.- It’s starting to infect my girlfriend.
1) she’s top heavy but never falls over
2) she’s a damn 2 dimensional cat who has taken over the lives of people everywhere, including those who are allergic
3) she’s a cartoon for little girls, and somehow became a world-wide vibrator-selling, tattoo-inducing, cutsey machine-guns-that-make-you-want-to-vomit-to-death making, bad influence on us all.
1. HK is over priced.
2. Grown men like HK. I.e. Yoshiki of X-Japan (Don’t know if this is fact or a marketing ploy though…)
3. My son can recognize her from a mile away and prefers to sleep with a Build-A-Bear HK without the bow. Basically, Dear Daniel.
LOL…. forget it. I give up. These are more like minor annoyances then true hate. Oh well. 🙁
1. The Sanrio store in New York now has a Luxe section that’s reserved for actually expensive items. That is messed up.
2. Why is there so much HK crap? I kind of understand what you would use a carabiner for, but there’s just no damn reason for a moped.
3. I feel like HK ate Asia. I like stationery, but every friend that travels to Asia, brings me back something in a heinous pastel with a floating, anthropomorphic face.
(This was easy for me, because I actually don’t like HK. I just have a friend with a birthday coming up.)
1. It’s EVERYWHERE. I can’t enter a single store without seeing it somewhere.
2. It wears those sugar sweet clothes that can’t possibly fit over its ENORMOUS head.
3. The only difference between it and its relatives is the presence and place of the bow. Yeah, we are all unique because of the way we wear bows.
1. My mom thinks all little girls loves HK–>There goes my childhood. Imagine dressing in HK, being seen.
2. I hate pastel pink–>I heard that color retard mental development
3. That suppose-to-be-female cat character has no mouth. Not having a mouth goes against everything the female sex is.
4. Darlene comments always makes me want to hit someone.
5. Sanrio can come up with a product once in a while even when you hate HK, you have have to buy it and the guilt is over whelming.
Reason number one, So many people worship her! Why do you like her so much? She’s a cat/cartoon, wheres the appeal??
#2 If only i could name all the things i hate about her… She has a (mouthless) huge head, she’s not even cute, she has big black eyes and a yellow nose… what’s so cute about that?
#3 the person who thought her up and introduced her to the world should have to suffer a long painful aggonizing lonely tortureous death for the mysery we go through having to see her!
1. Every time we pass something in a store with Hello Kitty on it, my girlfriend wants to buy it, even if it’s a totally useless item.
2. She once tried to dress our cat up like Hello Kitty. The cat didn’t like it either.
3. People have Hello Kitty themed weddings.
1. she’s probably a republican
2. she owes me money
3. she’s friends with that skank, deery-lou
1. She turns would-be sexy women into pouty, cutesy abominations.
2. She’s an indiscriminate sell-out.
3. She (Sanrio) stunts the development of countless Asian women, trapping them in the mindset of a five year old.
1. cause hk-lovers insist making everything in the world possible hello kitty-ifyed. they would, if they could.
2. to the point where it will consume and take over male parts of life because we want you, significant other, to buy hello kitty things as well! where it is very un-welcomed, unwanted, and no… it’s not cute.
3. cause it’s just a white cartoon cat, and it’s f*cking expensive! just because it’s a cat! and ‘cute!’ and make girls go crazy and lose their mind!
I have no interest in a damn keychain, I just wanted to say how funny reading the comments on this post have been and also how amazed I am that there are actually people who read this blog and then encounter the writer in public and think he wants to listen to them blabbering on inanely about their stupid obsession. Maybe they are actually illiterate and only look at the pictures?
1. Hello Kitty is the root of all evil.
2. Hello Kitty is the root of all evil.
3. Hello Kitty is the root of all evil.
1) Too pink for my liking.
2) Ugh, cats.
3) It’s everywhere.
1. There is literally everything in the world with her face on it
2. she is def the diva of the sanrio family
3. im addicted to her and spend copious amounts of money on these items, shes like crack!
1. I hate Hello Kitty because she has no mouth.
2. I hate Hello Kitty because she is pimped out for everything. Toilet paper? Urinial targets? Give me a break.
3. I hate Hello Kitty because all her crap is usually over-priced &/or out of stock. Yes, I also live on the fringe of Kitty Hell with three granddaughters.
1) I think that Hello kitty items cost to much.
2) Why pink all the time ?
3) Why if you are the age of 35 or older if you are seen with a bag or anything Hello Kitty you are laughed at or looked at as you have lost your mind
How can anyone hate Hello Kitty!? 🙁
1.) She costs me more money than I have.
2.) She causes me to go a little nutty, specifically when I see something I’d like to buy but cannot due to financial issues and just an over-abundance of Hello Kitty products at home.
3.) She causes me to be made fun of endlessly by my friends.
(Not that I really care about any of these things.)
1 . She’s a cat and I’m alelergic to them 2 . She’s too cute and she doesn’t even have to do anything 3. Last but not least she had me at hello
wait… if we hate hello kitty… why do you want to give them the damn carbiner? … tell the hello kitty enthusiat that it can hold their weight and wait for them to go rock climbing..?
!. Hello kitty stole my Idol…. Mano Erina is part of the hello kitty show.. DAMN YOU!!!
2. Hello kitty is creepy because she has no mouth
3. Hello Kitty is telling your kids it is ok to be gay …
1.Beastiality (Obvious bloodline)
2. Sodomy (Women will submit for trinkets!)
3. Nippononecrokittenophilia ( encourages sex with dead Jananese kittens)
I love this contest….
Three reasons I hate hello kitty
1) because everyone thinks that my screen name- hellosam- is because of this kitten. Even you, sir (re:twitter)! It is not! Its for many other reasons.
2) because i cant help but feel like that arm in the air is mocking my german heritage and trying to make me feel guilty for hitler.
3) because underneath it all, i do love her, and that makes me hate her even more
I don’t know about anybody else, but I entered so that if I win the carabiner, I can give it to my rock-climbing roommate and break his brain in revenge for his never doing the dishes.
1. Hello Kitty looks stupid without a mouth.
2. Hello Kitty stuff is way more expensive than it is cute.
3. Her head is too big.
HK is evil because:
1.She is on everything, and causes people of all ages to spend their hard-earned money on junk that is usually a) useless, or b) doesn’t work.
Back when I tolerated the feline to a slightly higher extent, my dad bought me an alarmclock of it. It was damaged, so it could not tell time, but would glow. In a satanic red light.
2. At Capital Ex (summertime event), the game prizes for some of the booths often included a plush version of the feline. Made out of shitty fabric and had stuffing that felt weird when said plush was squeezed. Felt disgusting, and unsanitary at the same time.
This contest is officially over Any comments after this post will not be entered.
1. She is head of an evil, uber-capitalist, possibly fascist corporation of some sort.
2. Last time I saw her, I was in a bathtub full of ice and she was holding 19th century surgical instruments.
3. She never bathes and you can smell her from a mile away.
Why on Earth would anyone want to enter this contest? WHY would anyone who reads this blog ever WANT this [EXPLETIVE DELETED FOR PURPOSES OF BEING POLITE] ?!?!
Seriously, sometimes I wonder what our world has come to when you log on to a Hell Kitty HATING blog, and you find people who actually want all of this [EXPLETIVE HERE].
To the author of the blog, my deepest condolences. Enjoy your non-Hello Kittified house while you can.
Pick a winner!
Oh noes D=
i hope I win
lmao, poor you.
ur life is so funny. XD
sorry if that offended u. but i wish my life is like that.
although this ended but..
1. It’s pink.
2. It has no hair. just fur and it’s only 2 inches
3. It has no pride!
1. It’s so expensive
2. There is not much sold in the shops near me
3. If fills up my whole room.
1. Parents think she is a good role model but she doesn’t even speak or have a mouth.
2. She has become a sex symbol then what she was never intended to be.
3. She is branding guns!